Here are 10 small, daily decisions that can help you grow a great business:
1. The decision to care more about your clients, than you care about your fees.
2. The decision to feed your mind with rich, mental protein. The business owner who knows the names of the judges on a TV talent show, but can’t name the 10 most influential people in their industry, sets a low bar on their potential.
3. The decision to associate with great people, who will motivate you and encourage you.
4. The decision to work when you’re at work AND to relax when it’s family and friends time. You are at your best when there’s a balance between work and play.
5. The decision to offer exceptional customer service and exceed expectations, rather than do what’s required. In other words, out-care your competitors.
6. The decision to place a huge value on your time.
7. The decision to measure your progress every day. This allows you to quickly spot if you’re mistaking activity for productivity.
8. The decision to avoid the costly detours, which come disguised as shortcuts to success.
9. The decision to give your business the resources it needs. Cold Hard Fact: ANY area of your business that’s failing is only doing so because you’ve refused to invest correctly. You need to make better decisions than that if you want to survive, let alone thrive.
10. The decision to focus on what you want [as entrepreneurs do], rather than focus on what you fear [as typical small business owners do].